Fission-product retention in HTGR fuels [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1982.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 13 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Retention data for gaseous and metallic fission products are presented for both Triso-coated and Biso-coated HTGR fuel particles. Performance trends are established that relate fission product retention to operating parameters, such as temperature, burnup, and neutron exposure. It is concluded that Biso-coated particles are not adequately retentive of fission gas or metallic cesium, and Triso-coated particles which retain cesium still lose silver. Design implications related to these performance trends are identified and discussed.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:conf-820650-5
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
3. Japan/US HTGR safety technology seminar, Upton, NY, USA, 2 Jun 1982.
Kania, M.J.; Tiegs, T.N.; Homan, F.J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14801422