Licensing topical report [electronic resource] : applicability of Division 1 regulatory guides to high-temperature gas-cooled reactors
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 46 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The application of Division 1 (power reactors) regulatory guides to high-temperature gas-cooled reactors (HTGRs) is discussed. About eighty of the Division 1 guides can be applied to any type of reactor; the remaining sixty, mostly written for light water reactors (LWRs), are divided between (1) those not applicable to the HTGR because of fundamental differences in design, (2) those applicable in intent but containing positions specific to LWRs, and (3) those written for LWRs but of sufficient generality to be applied to the HTGR without major exception. Emphasis is placed on issues which involve the unique characteristics of the HTGR. The regulatory guides evaluated are those extant as of early 1980. The positions presented are subject to periodic updating owing to the continuing modification of the guides and because the design options for the HTGR are at various stages of development. Nevertheless, this report is believed to provide a sound basis for evaluating conformance with existing Division 1 guides.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ga-a-16077
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
General Atomic Co., San Diego, CA (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14801506