TMI-2 instrumentation and electrical program final evaluation report [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1986.
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This report presents the authors collective opinions on the value to the nuclear industry of the various investigations performed at TMI-2 by the Instrumentation and Electrical Program. The authors demonstrate that more attention must be given to the prevention of moisture intrusion during design, construction, operation, and maintenance of a nuclear power plant. They also point out that, while basic engineering designs of instruments are more than adequate, the applications engineering and specifications could be improved. Finally, they show that advanced testing technology, exemplified by the Electrical Circuit Characterization and Diagnostics (ECCAD) System, may be very useful as a diagnostic tool when used as part of the testing or maintenance program in a nuclear power plant.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:gend-056
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Mayo, C.W.; Huzdovich, J.W.; Roby, A.R.; Test, L.D.
EG and G Idaho, Inc., Idaho Falls (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14801672