Oak Ridge research reactor quarterly report, October, November, and December of 1975 [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1976.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 48 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The ORR operated at an average power level of 29.9 Mw for 84.9 percent of the time during October, November, and December of 1975. Eleven fuel elements were declared spent (52.5 percent average burnup) during the quarter, while twenty-nine new elements were placed in service. Four shim-rod elements were retired from service at an average burnup of 63 percent. The reactor was shut down on eight occasions, all of which were scheduled. Two end-of-cycle shutdowns accounted for 80.7 percent of the total downtime. The remaining downtime was used principally for refueling and experiment work. Maintenance activities, both mechanical and instrument, were essentially routine in nature. Special tests or measurements during the quarter included: (1) Flux mapping for core No. 129A; (2) Determination of minimum fuel content in ORR fuel elements prior to declaring the element spent; (3) Reactor vessel, ultrasonic test, and (4) Visual inspection of ORR primary pump.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ornl/tm-5415
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Hurt, S.S. III; Lance, E.D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14802027