Development status and operational features of the high temperature gas-cooled reactor. Final report [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 480 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The objective of this study is to investigate the maturity of HTR-technology and to look out for possible technical problems, concerning introduction of large HTR power plants into the market. Further state and problems of introducing and closing the thorium fuel cycle is presented and judged. Finally, the state of development of advanced HTR-concepts for electricity production, the direct cycle HTR with helium turbine, and the gas-cooled fast breeder is discussed. In preparing the study, both HTR concepts with spherical and block-type fuel elements have been considered.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:epri-np-142
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Gesellschaft fuer Hochtemperaturreaktor-Technik m.b.H., Bergisch Gladbach (Germany, F.R.)
View MARC record | catkey: 14802045