Concept and preliminary design of double tubesheet connector region for design and steady-state conditions. [LMFBR] [electronic resource].
- Pittsburgh, Pa. : Westinghouse Electric Corporation, 1974.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 43 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In this analysis the structural integrity of the double tubesheet connector for the LMFBR demonstration plant steam generator is investigated for design and steady state conditions. Although the evaporator and superheater are to be interchangeable, only the steam outlet end of the evaporator is investigated. This was selected because the mean temperature differences between the tubesheets, tubes and connector are largest here at steady state, thus yielding the highest thermal loads. Combined with the thermal loads are superheater pressures in order to also use the highest mechanical loads. Although this is a conservative approach for the evaporator, the superheater must be analyzed separately at a later date in order to assure interchangeability. Evaluation of the results is based upon ASME Code Case 1331-8.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/sf/00962-t5
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14802263