High temperature heat exchange [electronic resource] : nuclear process heat applications
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 11 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The unique element of the HTGR system is the high-temperature operation and the need for heat exchanger equipment to transfer nuclear heat from the reactor to the process application. This paper discusses the potential applications of the HTGR in both synthetic fuel production and nuclear steel making and presents the design considerations for the high-temperature heat exchanger equipment.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/01/1980., "ga-a-16052", " conf-800983-1", Joint Japan/US heat transfer seminar, Tokyo, Japan, 29 Sep 1980., Vrable, D.L., and General Atomic Co., San Diego, CA (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14802573