800-MWe HTGR-gas-turbine two-loop electric plant [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 52 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The design and development of the electric plant for the HTGR-Gas Turbine (GT) present a radical departure in accommodating the electrical requirements of the nuclear heat system and the balance of plant. To address not only these requirements but also codes and standards (for power plants and safety-grade systems), the evolution of the design dictates the application of innovative and unique solutions. The complexity of the GT plant and the criteria for nuclear power stations are substantial restraints and limit the availability of alternatives normally present in the development of a design and configuration. Objective of this report is to acquaint the reader with the electric design and to highlight those aspects of the electric plant which are unique. In addition, some insight will be presented on the impact of the plant configuration evolution on electric systems.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/sf/02034-t30
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Gas-Cooled Reactor Associates, La Jolla, CA (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14802626