Design and operation of a rapid thermal transient component testing sodium loop [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1984.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 7 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A specific problem developed during the design of an on-line sampling system for the Sodium Loop Safety Facility fast breeder reactor experiments. Rapid fluctuations in the sodium temperature, caused by reactor operation and shutdown, exposed the system components to conditions that could result in fatigue failure. A component test loop was designed and built at the Idaho National Engineering Laboratory to allow experimental qualification of component integrity. This paper outlines test system requirements, describes the design and special features, presents test procedures ad relates significant operating experience.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 04/16/1984., "egg-m-13383", " conf-840411-22", "DE84012768", 3. meeting on liquid metal in energy applications, Oxford, UK, 9 Apr 1984., Crandall, D.L., and EG and G Idaho, Inc., Idaho Falls (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14802847