FFTF status and test results [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 219 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A general description of the FFTF is presented concerning the construction progress; status of startup and selected startup test results; and planned experiment program during and subsequent to the startup testing program. The FFTF is a 400 MWt, sodium cooled test reactor plant consisting of a fast-neutron reactor fueled by mixed plutonium oxide-uranium oxide fuel elements, three independent heat transport loops, extensive instrumentation, fuel handling equipment, and auxiliary systems which support the main reactor and cooling systems. The FFTF contains no steam generators, electrical generating equipment, or breeding blankets. Heat generated in the reactor is released to the ambient atmosphere by twelve large sodium-to-air heat exchangers.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
American Nuclear Society meeting, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 19 Apr 1979.
Hanford Engineering Development Lab., Richland, WA (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14802913