FRAP-S2 [electronic resource] : a computer code for the steady state analysis of oxide fuel rods
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1977.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 255 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This document describes the Fuel Rod Analysis Program--Steady State code (FRAP-S) and the verification of FRAP-S as a fuel rod analysis tool. FRAP-S2 (Fuel Rod Analysis Program--Steady State, Version 2) is a FORTRAN IV computer code which can be used to solve for the long term burnup response of a light water reactor fuel rod. The coupled effects of fuel and cladding deformation, temperature distribution, internal gas accumulation, and pressure and material property on the behavior of the fuel rod are considered. Fission gas generation and release are calculated as a function of burnup. The cladding deformation model includes multiaxial elasto-plastic analysis and considers creep. FRAP-S2 is a modular code with each major computational subcode isolated within the code and coupled to the main code by subroutine calls and data transfer through argument lists. A major purpose of FRAP-S2 arises because it can be coupled to versions of the transient fuel rod code FRAP-T. FRAP-S2 generates a set of initial conditions used by FRAP-T to initiate analysis of transient accidents such as loss-of-coolant (LOCA), power coolant mismatch (PCM) and reactivity initiated accidents (RIA). A material property subcode, MATPRO, which is used to provide gas, fuel, and cladding properties to the FRAP-S computational subcodes is coupled to FRAP-S2. No material properties need to be supplied by the code user. FRAP-S2 has been evaluated by making extensive comparisons between predictions of the code and experimental data. Comparisons of predicted and experimental results are presented for a range of FRAP-S2 calculated parameters.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/01/1977., "tree-nureg-1107", Bohn, M. P.; Dearien, J. A.; Berna, G. A.; Coleman, D. R.; Laats, E. T., and SEE CODE- 9502158 EG and G Idaho, Inc., Idaho Falls (USA). Idaho National Engineering Lab.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14803363