Measurement of core coolant flow velocities in PWRs using temperature [electronic resource] : neutron noise cross correlation
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1982.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 10 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- To study the relationship between the time delay inferred from this phase angle and core coolant flow velocities, noise measurements were performed at the Loss of Fluid Test Facility (LOFT) reactor and at a commercial PWR. In-core, self-powered neutron detector (SPND) noise at LOFT and ex-core ionization chamber noise at the commercial PWR were cross correlated with core exit temperature noise. Time delays were inferred from the slope of the phase angle versus frequency plots over the frequency range from 0.05 to 2.0 Hz.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
American Nuclear Society winter meeting, Washington, DC, USA, 14 Nov 1982.
Sweeney, F.J.; Upadhyaya, B.R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14803501