Large scale breeder reactor plant prototype mechanical pump conceptual design study [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 749 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This final report is a complete conceptual design study of a mechanical pump for a large scale breeder reactor plant. The pumps are located in the cold leg side of the loops. This makes the net positive suction head available - NPSHA - low, and is, in fact, a major influencing factor in the design. Where possible, experience gained from the Clinch River Project and the FFTF is used in this study. Experience gained in the design, manufacturer, and testing of pumps in general and sodium pumps in particular is reflected in this report. The report includes estimated cost and time schedule for design, manufacture, and testing. It also includes a recommendation for development needs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Byron Jackson Pumps, Inc., Los Angeles, CA (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14803564