Modifications to the HELAP code. [GCFR steam generator model] [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1976. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 23 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The improvements made to the steam generator model originally developed for the HELAP code and improvements made to the HELAP code itself are described. In the first case, the numerical algorithm which solves the controlling equations of the steam generator was re-cast into a purely implicit scheme. This change was motivated by excessive running time and numerical instabilities brought about by rapidly varying heat transfer coefficients when the fluid changes phase. The second of the above mentioned changes was the inclusion of closed form expressions to describe the thermodynamic properties on the primary (helium) side rather than the table look up technique. These expressions treat the helium as a real gas. This step has two advantages: first, the limits customarily imposed by a table are eliminated, and second, the determination of new pressures, temperatures and enthalpies at each time step are accomplished more rapidly. Finally, an outline is given of the extra input required to execute a problem using HELAP.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 02/01/1976., "bnl-nureg-21260", Ludewig, H., and Brookhaven National Lab., Upton, N.Y. (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14803618