LMFBR Blanket Physics Project progress report No. 6 [electronic resource].
- Cambridge, Mass. : Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1975. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 161 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Progress is summarized in experimental and analytical investigations of the neutronics and photonics of benchmark mockups of LMFBR blankets. During the reporting period work was devoted primarily to a wide range of analytical/numerical investigations, including blanket fuel management/economics studies, evaluation of improved blanket designs, and assessment of state-of-the-art methods for gamma heating calculations. Experimental work included preparations for resumption of MIT Reactor operations, primarily fabrication of improved steel reflector assemblies for blanket mockups, and development of an improved radiophotoluminescent readout device for LiF thermoluminescent detectors. The most significant finding was that the neutronic and economic performance of radial blanket assemblies are essentially independent of core size (rating) for radially-power-flattened cores. Hence the methodology and results of current experiments and calculations should be valid for the large commercial LMFBR's of the future.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/30/1975., "coo-2250-21", " mitne-185", and Driscoll, M.J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14803702