In-core and ex-core calculations of the VENUS simulated PWR benchmark experiment [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1985.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 6 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The VENUS PWR engineering mockup experiment was established to simulate a beginning-of-life, generic PWR configuration at the zero-power VENUS critical facility located at CEN/SCK, Mol, Belgium. The experimental measurement program consists of (1) gamma scans to determine the core power distribution, (2) in-core and ex-core foil activations, (3) neutron spectrometer measurements, and (4) gamma heating measurements with TLD's. Analysis of the VENUS benchmark has been performed with two-dimensional discrete ordinates transport theory, using the DOT-IV code.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
American Nuclear Society winter meeting, San Francisco, CA, USA, 10 Nov 1985.
Williams, M.L.; Kam, F.B.K.; Chowdhury, P.; Landesman, M.
Louisiana State Univ., Baton Rouge (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14804003