P Division monthly report, November 1948 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs, 1948.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (13 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This progress report discusses activities at the P Division for the month of November 1948. All piles operated at 275 megawatts (MW) throughout the month except for outages listed under Area Activities in this report and except that F Pile operated at a reduced level during the first half of the month. This operation at reduced level was incident to the leaking process tube reported last month. A total of 81.4 tons of metal was discharged from the piles during the month. The 300 Area canned a total of 150 tons of acceptable slugs during the month to establish a new production record. On November 29 the operating schedule for the Melt Plant was changed from a three-shift to a two-shift, six-day week schedule. The backlog of material largely had been worked off and the new schedule is adequate for processing the current accumulation of scrap.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:hw-11835-a
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Hanford Works, Richland, WA (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14804096