Love your job : the new rules of career happiness / Kerry Hannon
- Hannon, Kerry
- Hoboken, New Jersey : John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 183 pages ; 23 cm
- Introduction: what my dog taught me about loving my job -- Curing the workplace blues -- Creating the blueprint for your dream job -- Do an MRI on your work and your life -- Refresh your attitude : the keystone to your love your job action plan -- Beyond the job description -- How to build flexibility into your job -- How to upgrade your game -- How to have the "what's next?" talk with your boss.
- Step-by-step tips for revitalizing your careerYes, it is possible to have a job you love, and it doesn't require starting from scratch. Love Your Job is a guide to making work fulfilling and fun - again, or even for the first time. Why count down the hours of the day or the days to retirement when you could reinvigorate your workday, transforming the daily doldrums into a daily dose of enjoyable activity? Kerry Hannon, The New York Times columnist and AARP's Jobs Expert, focuses on the little things that can make a big difference in how we feel about work.Love Your Job is all about the routines, habits, and thought patterns that, over the years, may have turned a dream job into a drudge or, worse, a nightmare. Changing these habits and attitudes is simple, and this book shows you how to identify the little things that make work enjoyable and engaging. Using these simple techniques, you can adopt the attitude that will keep you happy and that might just lead to bigger and better things, no matter what stage of your career you are in.
- 9781118898062 paperback, 1118898060 paperback, 9781118898048 (dPDF), and 9781118898055 (ePUB)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 165-172) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 14804136