Inclusive Hadron Photoproduction from Longitudinally Polarzed Protons and Deuterons [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1999. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We report measurements of the asymmetry A(parallel) for inclusive hadron production on longitudinally polarized proton and deuteron targets by circularly polarized photons. The photons were produced via internal and external bremsstrahlung from an electron beam of 48.35 GeV. Asymmetries for both positive and negative signed hadrons, and a subset of identified pions, were measured in the momentum range 10 < P< 30 GeV at 2.75 degrees and 5.5 degrees. Small non-zero asymmetries are observed for the proton, while the deuteron results are consistent with zero. Recent calculations do not describe the data well.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 02/19/1999., "slac-pub-8049", "DE00009999", and Bosted, Peter.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14987633