Solid composite electrolytes for lithium batteries [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2001.
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Solid composite electrolytes are provided for use in lithium batteries which exhibit moderate to high ionic conductivity at ambient temperatures and low activation energies. In one embodiment, a polymer-ceramic composite electrolyte containing poly(ethylene oxide), lithium tetrafluoroborate and titanium dioxide is provided in the form of an annealed film having a room temperature conductivity of from 10.sup.-5 S cm.sup.-1 to 10.sup.-3 S cm.sup.-1 and an activation energy of about 0.5 eV.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:us 6190806
- Other Subject(s):
- Solid Composite Electrolytes Lithium Batteries Solid Composite Electrolytes Provided Lithium Batteries Exhibit Moderate Ionic Conductivity Ambient Temperatures Activation Energies Embodiment Polymer-Ceramic Composite Electrolyte Containing Poly Ethylene Oxide Lithium Tetrafluoroborate Titanium Dioxide Provided Form Annealed Film Temperature Conductivity 10 5 Cm 1 10 3 Cm 1 Activation Energy Solid Composite Solid Composite Ionic Conductivity Electrolyte Containing Ceramic Composite Ambient Temperature Lithium Batteries Lithium Batteries Titanium Dioxide Activation Energy Ambient Temperatures Composite Electrolytes Composite Electrolytes Containing Poly Composite Electrolyte Composite Electrolyte Composite Electrolyte Exhibit Moderate Activation Energies
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Kumar, Binod; Scanlon, Jr., Lawrence G.
United States Air Force
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14987724