Laser ablation system, and method of decontaminating surfaces [electronic resource].
- Idaho Falls, Idaho : Lockheed Idaho Technologies Company, 1998.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Lockheed Idaho Technologies Company and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A laser ablation system comprising a laser head providing a laser output; a flexible fiber optic cable optically coupled to the laser output and transmitting laser light; an output optics assembly including a nozzle through which laser light passes; an exhaust tube in communication with the nozzle; and a blower generating a vacuum on the exhaust tube. A method of decontaminating a surface comprising the following steps: providing an acousto-optic, Q-switched Nd:YAG laser light ablation system having a fiber optically coupled output optics assembly; and operating the laser light ablation system to produce an irradiance greater than 1.times.10.sup.7 W/cm.sup.2, and a pulse width between 80 and 170 ns.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:us 5780806
- Other Subject(s):
- Laser Ablation Method Decontaminating Surfaces Laser Ablation Comprising Laser Head Providing Laser Output Flexible Fiber Optic Cable Optically Coupled Laser Output Transmitting Laser Light Output Optics Assembly Including Nozzle Laser Light Passes Exhaust Tube Communication Nozzle Blower Generating Vacuum Exhaust Tube Method Decontaminating Surface Comprising Following Steps Providing Acousto-Optic Q-Switched Yag Laser Light Ablation Fiber Optically Coupled Output Optics Assembly Operating Laser Light Ablation Produce Irradiance Times 10 Cm Pulse Width 80 170 Yag Laser Light Passes Laser Output Laser Output Pulse Width Fiber Optic Fiber Optic Laser Light Laser Light Laser Light Laser Light Optic Cable Assembly Including Laser Ablation Laser Ablation Optically Coupled Optically Coupled Following Steps Surface Comprising Fiber Optically Coupled Output Transmitting Laser Laser Head
- Published through SciTech Connect.
"US patent application 08/506,585"
Ferguson, Russell L.; Edelson, Martin C.; Pang, Ho-ming.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14987950