Laser ablation system, and method of decontaminating surfaces [electronic resource].
- Idaho Falls, Idaho : Lockheed Idaho Technologies Company, 1998.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Lockheed Idaho Technologies Company and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A laser ablation system comprising a laser head providing a laser output; a flexible fiber optic cable optically coupled to the laser output and transmitting laser light; an output optics assembly including a nozzle through which laser light passes; an exhaust tube in communication with the nozzle; and a blower generating a vacuum on the exhaust tube. A method of decontaminating a surface comprising the following steps: providing an acousto-optic, Q-switched Nd:YAG laser light ablation system having a fiber optically coupled output optics assembly; and operating the laser light ablation system to produce an irradiance greater than 1.times.10.sup.7 W/cm.sup.2, and a pulse width between 80 and 170 ns.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:us 5780806
- Published through SciTech Connect.
"US patent application 08/506,585"
Ferguson, Russell L.; Edelson, Martin C.; Pang, Ho-ming.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14987950