Tribal Wind Assessment by the Eastern Shoshone Tribe of the Wind River Reservation [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, 2009.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 2.5 MB : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The Tribes, through its consultant and advisor, Distributed Generation Systems (Disgen) -Native American Program and Resources Division, of Lakewood CO, assessed and qualified, from a resource and economic perspective, a wind energy generation facility on tribal lands. The goal of this feasibility project is to provide wind monitoring and to engage in preproject planning activities designed to provide a preliminary evaluation of the technical, economic, social and environmental feasibility of developing a sustainable, integrated wind energy plan for the Eastern Shoshone and the Northern Arapahoe Tribes, who resides on the Wind River Indian Reservation. The specific deliverables of the feasibility study are: 1) Assessments of the wind resources on the Wind River Indian Reservation 2) Assessments of the potential environmental impacts of renewable development 3) Assessments of the transmission capacity and capability of a renewable energy project 4) Established an economic models for tribal considerations 5) Define economic, cultural and societal impacts on the Tribe
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Pete, Belvin; Perry, Jeremy W.; Stump, Raphaella Q.
Eastern Shoshone Tribe of Wind River
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 05/01/2006 - 05/30/2009
08/; 05/01/2006 - 05/30/2009
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14988920