Wind Turbine Field Testing of State-Space Control Designs [electronic resource] : August 25, 2003--November 30, 2003
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2004.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 39 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This report investigates the application of advanced pitch control algorithms on a 600 kW variable-speed, variable-pitch wind turbine known as the Controls Advanced Research Turbine (CART). A design approach is outlined to test both time-invariant and periodic control methods for fatigue load reduction over all operating wind speeds. Practical implementation issues are identified and addressed. Test data and preliminary performance comparisons are presented to support the approach.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:nrel/sr-500-35061
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Stol, K. A.; Fingersh, L. J.
National Renewable Energy Lab., Golden, CO (US)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14989526