Verification statistic for numerical wind models [electronic resource].
- Columbus, Ohio : Battelle Memorial Institute, 1978.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 81 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Battelle Memorial Institute and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A generalized wind estimate based on a limited number of uncertain field measurements is computed at each point in a given geographical region. A point-by-point comparison with a numerical model prediction of the wind field is then described. This comparison results in numerical assessments of the probability that the model succeeded in predicting the actual wind field and that the field measurements contain sufficient information on which to base such a comparison.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:pnl-2510
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14990150