Preliminary technical and economic evaluation of vortex extraction devices [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 90 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Two innovative vortex extraction devices - the Tornado Wind Energy System (TWES) and the Vortex Augmentor Concept (VAC) - are critically evaluated to provide a preliminary assessment of their technical and economic viability as compared to conventional horizontal axis wind energy systems. This assessment was carried out over a wide range of power output levels and augmentation ratios appropriate to each of the concepts.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Kornreich, T. R.; Kottler, Jr., R. J.; Jennings, D. M.
JBF Scientific Corp., Arlington, VA (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14990256