Analysis of the Madaras Rotor Power Plant [electronic resource] : an alternate method for extracting large amounts of power from the wind. Volume 2. Technical report
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1978.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 423 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The purpose of the program was to analyze and up-date the design of the Madaras Rotor Power Plant concept that had been developed in the 1930's to determine the technical and economic feasibility of this system to be competitive with conventional horizontal axis wind turbines. A four-task program consisting of a series of wind tunnel tests, an electro-mechanical analysis, a performance analysis, and a cost analysis was conducted.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/01/1978., "dse-2554-78/2(vol.2)", Minardi, J.E.; Whitford, D.H.; West, B.S.; Dominic, R.J., and Dayton Univ., OH (USA). Research Inst.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14990281