Wind energy resource atlas [electronic resource] : Volume 6. The Southeast region
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1981.
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Southeast atlas assimilates six collections of wind resource data: one for the region and one for each of the five states that compose the Southeast region (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, and South Carolina). At the state level, features of the climate, topography and wind resource are discussed in greater detail than is provided in the regional discussion, and the data locations on which the assessment is based are mapped. Variations, over several time scales, in the wind resource at selected stations in each state are shown on graphs of monthly average and interannual wind speed and power, and hourly average wind speed for each season. Other graphs present speed, direction and duration frequencies of the wind at these locations.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1981., "pnl-3195-wera-6", George, R.L.; Schakenbach, J.T.; Elliott, D.L.; Barchet, W.R.; Zabransky, J.; Vilardo, J.M., and Geomet Technologies, Inc., Gaithersburg, MD (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14990328