The monk's Haggadah : a fifteenth-century illuminated codex from the Monastery of Tegernsee, with a prologue by the Friar Erhard von Pappenheim / David Stern, Christoph Markschies, and Sarit Shalev-Eyni
- Uniform Title:
- Haggadah (Manuscript Tegernsee Haggadah)
- University Park, Pennsylvania : The Pennsylvania State University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 82 unnumbered pages of plates, 199 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Stern, David, 1949-
Erhard, von Pappenheim, -1497
- Dimyonot: Jews and the cultural imagination, volume 1
- Language Note:
- In English with a facsimile of original manuscript in Hebrew with a Latin prologue and English translations of both.
- The monk's Haggadah (Munich codex Hebrew 200) : an introduction / David Stern -- The making of the codex : scribal work, illumination, and patronage / Sarit Shalev-Eyni -- The history of the codex and the Christian theological background of Erhard's prologue / Christoph Markschies -- The Hebraist background to Erhard's prologue / David Stern -- Codicology and description of the manuscript / Sarit Shalev-Eyni -- The prologue to the Haggadah by Erhard von Pappenheim (Latin text) / edited by Christoph Markschies with Erik Koenke and Anna Rack-Teuteberg -- The prologue to the Haggadah by Erhard von Pappenheim (English translation) / translated by Erik Koenke with David Stern -- The Passover Haggadah (in codex Hebrew 200) / translated by David Stern.
- "This fifteenth-century Haggadah, with a prologue by a Dominican friar, offers a unique view of contemporary Christian perceptions of Judaism. This edition includes a facsimile of the codex; a critical edition and translation of the prologue; a translation of the Haggadah; and essays describing the historical and theological background"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780271063997 (cloth : alk. paper)
0271063998 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Related Titles:
- Haggadah (Manuscript Tegernsee Haggadah). English
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 14990548