Natural gas / Dedria Bryfonski, book editor
- Uniform Title:
- Natural gas (Opposing viewpoints series (Unnumbered))
- Farmington Hills, Mich : Greenhaven Press, a part of Gale, Cengage Learning, 
- Physical Description:
- 258 pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Bryfonski, Dedria
- Opposing viewpoints
- The shale-gas boom won't do much for climate change. But it will make us richer / Brad Plumer -- Consumers see little economic benefit from fracking / Patrick Reis -- Fracking is safe / Rock Zierman -- Fracking is not safe / Anthony Ingraffea -- Fracking contributes to global warming / Louis W. Allstadt, as told to Ellen Cantarow -- Fracking does not contribute to global warming / Coral Davenport -- Report: Fracking raises water supply worries / Julie Schmit -- Fracking does not harm the water supply / Energy in Depth -- Increasing pipeline capacity will result in job creation and lower energy costs / Maureen D. Smith -- More natural gas pipeline capacity is needed / Peter Howe -- Leaky gas pipelines cost consumers billions / US House of Representatives Natural Resources Committee Democratic Staff -- Pipeline safety is improving / Karl Henkel -- Pipeline safety chief says regulatory process is "kind of dying" / Marcus Stern and Sebastian Jones -- Pipelines explained: How safe are America's 2.5 million miles of pipelines? / Lena Groeger -- and The benefits of exporting natural gas are greater than the risks / Michael Levi -- Exporting natural gas will pollute the environment / Craig Segall -- Banning natural gas exports will not address environmental and economic concerns / Ed Dolan -- Exporting natural gas is in the national interest / Lisa Murkowski -- Exporting natural gas is not in the national interest / Ron Wyden -- Want to help the Ukrainian Opposition? Allow natural gas exports / Josiah Neely -- Exporting natural gas will benefit the US economy / Scott Lincicome -- Offshore gas drilling benefits the economy and the environment / Bruce Allen -- Offshore gas drilling harms the environment / Emily Jeffers -- Offshore drilling for gas would benefit the US economy / David W. Kreutzer and John L. Ligon -- Drilling in the Atlantic could hurt the economy by damaging tourism / Chris Carnevale -- Why the latest gulf leak is no BP disaster / Christopher Joyce -- Total leak underlines offshore gas risks / James Herron, Alexis Flynn, and Sara Kent.
- 9780737772760 (hardcover), 073777276X (hardcover), 9780737772777 (pbk.), and 0737772778 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 238-240) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 14991186