Fractured traces : new music for cello / Douglas Knehans
- Knehans, Douglas
- Uniform Title:
- Works. Selections
- Additional Titles:
- New music for cello
- [Cincinnati, Ohio] : Ablaze Records, ℗2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Hošek, Jiří, 1955-
- Language Note:
- The 3rd work sung in French; text by Pierre Jean Jouve.
- Spin : for acoustic cello and computer (1996) (9:23) -- Night chains : for electric cello and digital effects (1991) (16:20) -- Une seule femme endormie : for high voice and singing cellist (1991) (5:58) -- Night canticle : for electric cello, synthesizer, digital effects and computer (1995) (7:46) -- Soar : for cello and piano (2005) (16:16).
- For violoncello and computer (1st work); electric violoncello and electronics (2nd work); soprano and violoncello (3rd work); electric violoncello, synthesizer, electronics and computer (4th work); violoncello and piano (5th work).
Biographical information on the composer and performers and program notes by the composer in English and text for the 3rd work in French with English translation inserted in container.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- In the 1st work: Jiří Hošek, violoncello ; Douglas Knehans, computer. In the 2nd & 4th works: Jeffery Krieger, violoncello and electronics. In the 3rd work: Susan Narucki, soprano ; Paul York, violoncello. In the 5th work: Christian Wojtowicz, violoncello ; Arabella Teniswood-Harvey, piano.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded in Prague in 2000 (1st work), Glastonbury, CT (2nd & 4th works), Louisville, KY (3rd work), Hobart, Tasmania (5th work).
View MARC record | catkey: 14994478