Coronation ode : op. 44 ; The spirit of England : op. 80 / Sir Edward Elgar
- Elgar, Edward, 1857-1934
- Additional Titles:
- Spirit of England
- London, England : Chandos, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Benson, Arthur Christopher, 1862-1925
Binyon, Laurence, 1869-1943
Collins, Anne, 1943-2009
Rolfe Johnson, Anthony
Gibson, Alexander, 1926-1995
Elgar, Edward, 1857-1934
Scottish National Orchestra
Scottish National Chorus
- Coronation Ode, Op. 44 / Edward Elgar ; Arthur Christopher Benson (Anthony Rolfe-Johnson, tenor ; Gwynne Howell, bass ; Teresa Cahill, soprano ; Anne Collins, contralto ; Alexander Gibson, conductor ; Royal Scottish National Orchestra ; Royal Scottish National Orchestra Chorus) -- The Spirit of England, Op. 80 / Edward Elgar ; Laurence Binyon (Teresa Cahill, soprano ; Alexander Gibson, conductor ; Royal Scottish National Orchestra).
- ["00:36:05", "00:30:39"]
- Words of the 1st work by Arthur Christopher Benson ; words of the 2nd work by Laurence Binyon.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Teresa Cahill, soprano ; with (in the Ode) Anne Collins, contralto, Anthony Rolfe Johnson, tenor, Gwynne Howell, bass ; Scottish National Orchestra and Chorus ; Sir Alexander Gibson, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded Dec. 1976 in Paisley Abbey, Scotland.
View MARC record | catkey: 14995270