- One Study / Pedro Carneiro (John Psathas, electronics ; Pedro Carneiro, marimba) -- One Summary / John Psathas (John Psathas, electronics ; Pedro Carneiro, marimba ; Pedro Carneiro, percussion) -- Ukiyo / John Psathas (Jeremy Fitzsimons, marimba ; John Psathas, electronics ; Pedro Carneiro, vibraphone) -- Psyzygysm / John Psathas (Pedro Carneiro, marimba ; Pedro Carneiro, vibraphone ; Hamish McKeich, conductor ; Stroma) -- One Summary remix / John Psathas (Tim Prebble, electronics).
- Music for marimba, vibraphone and two CD players.
"Zen monks and haiku poets spoke of life in terms of a transient 'floating world' (ukiyo), or of a dream that vanishes. In the traditional Buddhist view, our corporeal existence is one which happening gives way to happening, illusion follows illusion, and all is no more than phantasm, void of substance. 'Tsukikage o katte ima iku juman-ri' = 'I borrow moonlight for this journey of a million miles' Written by the haiku poet Saikaku, as he was about to die on the eighth day of the eighth month, 1730, at the age of seventy"--Container.
One study & One summary, for marimba, junk percussion and tape ; One summary remix, electroacoustic remix ; Psyzygysm, for solo percussionist and mass chamber ensemble including percussion; Ukiyo, for marimba and vibraphone, with two CD players
"Recorded with the support of Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand School of Music, and Creative NZ"--Container.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Pedro Carneiro, marimba, vibraphone, junk percussion ; Jeremy Fitzsimons, marimba ; Stroma ; Hamish McKeich, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded by Steve Garden at the Adam Concert Room, Victoria University of Wellington; edited and mixed by Steve Garden and John Psathas at The Garden Shed, Auckland.
View MARC record | catkey: 14996126