Resilient computer system design [electronic resource] / by Victor Castano, Igor Schagaev
- Castano, Victor
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- XIX, 256 pages 124 illustrations, 115 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Schagaev, Igor and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Basic Concepts, Motivation and Structure -- Background Concepts and Resilience -- Dealing with faults: redundancy -- Impact of radiation on electronics -- FT models -- Hardware support of resilience -- System software support of hardware checking -- Implementation: hardware prototype, comparisons, simulation and testing -- Conclusions -- Vision on Evolving System Future.
- This book presents a paradigm for designing new generation resilient and evolving computer systems, including their key concepts, elements of supportive theory, methods of analysis and synthesis of ICT with new properties of evolving functioning, as well as implementation schemes and their prototyping. The book explains why new ICT applications require a complete redesign of computer systems to address challenges of extreme reliability, high performance, and power efficiency. The authors present a comprehensive treatment for designing the next generation of computers, especially addressing safety-critical, autonomous, real time, military, banking, and wearable health care systems. § Describes design solutions for new computer system - evolving reconfigurable architecture (ERA) that is free from drawbacks inherent in current ICT and related engineering models § Pursues simplicity, reliability, scalability principles of design implemented through redundancy and re-configurability; targeted for energy-, reliability- and performance-wise operations § Provides development processes for next generation systems using various redundancy types for implementation of required system properties through design stages § Presents a prototype for new computer system - resilient and evolving architecture with supportive hardware for system reconfigurability
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 14999864