Analysis IV [electronic resource] : Integration and Spectral Theory, Harmonic Analysis, the Garden of Modular Delights / by Roger Godement
- Godement, Roger
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- XI, 527 pages 4 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Universitext, 0172-5939
- Analysis Volume IV introduces the reader to functional analysis (integration, Hilbert spaces, harmonic analysis in group theory) and to the methods of the theory of modular functions (theta and L series, elliptic functions, use of the Lie algebra of SL2). As in volumes I to III, the inimitable style of the author is recognizable here too, not only because of his refusal to write in the compact style used nowadays in many textbooks. The first part (Integration), a wise combination of mathematics said to be modern and classical, is universally useful whereas the second part leads the reader towards a very active and specialized field of research, with possibly broad generalizations.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 14999994