ISFRAM 2014 [electronic resource] : Proceedings of the International Symposium on Flood Research and Management / edited by Sahol Hamid Abu Bakar, Wardah Tahir, Marfiah Ab. Wahid, Siti Rashidah Mohd Nasir, Rohana Hassan
- Abu Bakar, Sahol Hamid
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- XVII, 317 pages 186 illustrations, 163 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Tahir, Wardah
Wahid, Marfiah Ab.
Mohd Nasir, Siti Rashidah
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Analysis of extreme floods in Malaysia -- Part 1 Flood management -- Trend analysis of publications on watershed sustainability indicators in popular 10 academic databases -- Flood management to reduce flood hazards of Gumti river using mathematical modelling -- Community awareness and preparedness towards flood in Kuantan Pahang -- Perspective of stakeholders on flash flood in Kuala Lumpur -- Part 2 Flood modelling -- Gis application in surface runoff estimation for upper Klang river basin Malaysia -- The development and application of Malaysian soil taxonomy in swat watershed model -- Contribution of climate forecast system meteorological data for flow prediction -- Hydrological modeling in Malaysia -- Multi-day rainfall simulations for Malaysian monsoons -- Part 3 Modeling and socio economic impact -- estimating floods from an ungauged river basin using giuh-based nash model -- A gis and excel- based program to calculate flow accumulation from the data of land use -- Flood damage assessment a review of flood stage-damage function curve -- Is farmer's agricultural income dependent on type of irrigation delivery system -- Variable parameter muskingum discharge routing method for overland flow modelling -- Part 4 Water quality -- Detection of pathogenic bacteria in flood water -- Stormwater treatment using porous rock matrices -- Removal of oil from flood water using banana pith as adsorbent -- Salinity velocity pattern in estuary using piv -- Part 5 Weather and climate -- Tsunami forecasting due to seismic activity from Manila trench of Malaysia offshore oil blocks -- Sustainable trend analysis of annual divisional rainfall in Bangladesh -- Flood frequency analysis due to climate change condition at the upper Klang river basin -- Use of numerical weather prediction model and visible weather satellite images for flood forecasting at Kelantan river basin -- Imaginary radar rainfall for quantitative precipitation estimates at Johor river basin -- Enhanced flood forecasting based on land use change model and radar based quantitative precipitation estimation (Qpe).
- This book highlights research in flood related areas and sustainable management conducted by researchers around the world, compiling their innovative work in order to share best practices for managing floods and recommended flood solutions. The individual papers cover the fundamentals and latest advances in the areas of flood research and management, providing in-depth coverage complemented by illustrations, diagrams and tables. The book offers a valuable source of information on methods and state-of-the art technology for effective flood management.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 15000240