Early gold [sound recording] : the Bing Crosby story
- Crosby, Bing, 1903-1977
- Additional Titles:
- Bing Crosby story
- New York : CSP, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- 4 audio discs (approximately 196 min.) : 33 1/3 rpm, stereo. ; 12 in.
- v. 1-2. The early jazz years, 1928-1932: Mississippi mud -- Wa-da-da -- -- T'ain't so, Honey, 'tain't so -- My supressed desire -- Makin' whoopee! -- I'll get by (as long as I have you) -- If I had you -- Susianna -- Let's do it, let's fall in love -- The spell of the blues -- My kinda love -- Til we meet -- Louise (2) -- I kiss your hand, Madame -- Baby oh where can you be -- Can't we be friends? -- Without a song -- Gay love -- If I had a talking picture of you -- After you've gone -- Sweet Sue, just you -- You brought a new kind of love to me -- Livin' in the sunlight, lovin' in the moonlight -- St. Louis blues (2) -- How long will it last -- My woman -- Paradise -- Lord, you made the night too long -- Sweet Georgia Brown -- Cabin in the cotton. v. 3-4. Bing Crosby in Hollywood, 1930-1934: Happy feet -- A bench in the park -- It happened in Monterey -- I like to do things for you -- Ragamuffin Romeo -- So the bluebirds and the blackbirds got together -- Song of the dawn -- Dinah -- Please -- Here lies love -- Learn to croon -- Moonstruck -- Down the Old Ox Road -- Thanks -- The day you came along -- I guess it had to be that way -- Black moonlight -- Just an echo in the valley -- Beautiful girl -- After sundown -- We'll make hay while the sun shines -- Temptation -- Our big love scene -- Love thy neighbor -- Once in a blue moon -- Good-night, lovely little lady -- May I? -- She reminds me of you -- I'm hummin', I'm whistlin', I'm singin' -- Love in bloom -- Straight from the shoulder.
- Related Titles:
- Wa-da-da., 'Tain't so, Honey, 'tain't so., My suppressed desire, Makin' whoopee!, I'll get by., If I had you, Susianna, Let's fall in love, Spell of the blues, My kinda love, Till we meet, Louise, I kiss your hand, Madame, Baby oh where can you be., Can't we be friends?, Without a song, Gay love, If I had a talking picture of you, After you've gone, Sweet Sue, You brought a new kind of love to me., Livin' in the sunlight, lovin' in the moonlight, St. Louis blues, How long will it last, My woman, Paradise, Lord, you made the night too long, Sweet Georgia Brown, Cabin in the cotton, Happy feet, Bench in the park, It happened in Monterey, I like to do things for you, Ragamuffin Romeo, So the bluebirds and the blackbirds got together, Song of the dawn, Dinah, Please, Here lies love, Learn to Croon, Moonstruck, Down the Old Ox Road, Thanks, Day you came along, I guess it had to be that way, Black moonlight, Just an echo in the valley, Beautiful girl, After sundown, We'll make hay while the sun shines, Temptation, Our big love scene, Love thy neighbor, Once in a blue moon, Good-night, lovely little lady, May I?, She reminds me of you, I'm hummin', I'm whistlin', I'm singin'., Love in bloom, Straight from the shoulder, and Mississippi mud
- Durations for v. 1-2 on single sheet., Vols. 3-4 designated mono., and Biographical and program notes by Larry Carr and Miles Kreuger (6 p.) laid in.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Bing Crosby, vocal ; with various orchestras and performers.
View MARC record | catkey: 1515336