Women who smile [electronic resource] / produced by Joanna Head
- New York, NY : Filmakers Library, 1996.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (50 min.)
- Additional Creators:
- Head, Joanna
- Filmakers library online, volume 3
Hamar trilogy ; 1
- Language Note:
- In English.
- The first program in a trilogy focusing on the Hamar, an isolated people of Southwestern Ethiopia. In this film Duka, a young unmarried Hamar girl learns what awaits her in life from the older women of her tribe. Their often humorous conversations range from pregnancy and growing old to relationships with men. Although the men are dominant, the women are not servile. Shows harvest celebrations and the blessing ceremony for a new baby.
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 25, 2014).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2014. (Filmakers library online, volume 3). Available via World Wide Web.
- African Studies Association, 1998
Margaret Mead Film Festival, 1993, 1994
Royal Anthropological Institute Film Prize
Society for Visual Anthropology, 1995
View MARC record | catkey: 15186313