Handbook of engineering hydrology. Environmental hydrology and water management / edited by Saeid Eslamian
- Additional Titles:
- Environmental hydrology and water management
- Boca Raton : Taylor & Francis, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 590 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Eslamian, Saeid
- 1. Anthropocenic aquifer : new thinking / Anthony Richard Turton and Frederik Stefanus Botha -- 2. Artificial recharge experiences in semiarid areas / Noureddine Gaaloul and Saeid Eslamian -- 3. Disinfection of water and nanotechnology / Seyedeh Matin Amininezhad, Sayed Mohamad Amininejad, and Saeid Eslamian -- 4. Environmental engineering for water and sanitation systems / Bosun Banjoko -- 5. Environmental flows / Sara Shaeri Karimi, Mehdi Yasi, Jonathan Peter Cox, and Saeid Eslamian -- 6. Environmental nanotechnology / Saeid Eslamian, Raheleh Malekian, and Mohammad Javad Amiri -- 7. Formation of ecological risk on plain reservoirs / Svetlana Dvinskikh, Alexander Kitaev, Victor Noskov, and Olga Larchenko -- 8. Groundwater vulnerability / Jason J. Gurdak -- 9. Historical development of wastewater management / Giovanni De Feo, Georgios Pericles Antoniou, Larry Wesley Mays, Walter Dragoni, Hilal Franz Fardin, Fatma El-Gohary, Pietro Laureano, Eleni Ioannis Kanetaki, Xiao Yun Zheng, and Andreas Nikolaos Angelakis -- 10. Hydrofracturing and environmental problems / Bosun Banjoko -- 11. Modeling of wetland systems / Jennifer M. Olszewski and Richard H. McCuen -- 12. Modifications in hydrological cycle / Jayantilal N. Patel -- 13. Nonpoint source and water quality modeling / Zhonglong Zhang -- 14. River managed system for flood defense / Akram Deiminiat and Saeid Eslamian -- 15. Sediment pollution / Qin Qian -- 16. Stormwater modeling and management / Xuheng Kuang -- 17. Stormwater modeling and sustainable management in highly urbanized areas / J. Bryan Ellis and Christophe Viavattene -- 18. Integrated water resource management and sustainability / Husain Najafi and Ehsan Tavakoli-Nabavi -- 19. Sustainable wastewater treatment / Erik Grönlund -- 20. Tourism and river environment / Akram Deiminiat, Hassan Shojaee Siuki, and Saeid Eslamian -- 21. Transboundary river basin management / David Stephenson and Eva Sbrana -- 22. Transboundary water resource management / Inga Jacobs and Anthony Richard Turton -- 23. Updating the hydrological knowledge : a case study / Olga Eugenia Scarpati, Eduardo Kruse, Marcela Hebe Gonzalez, Alberto Ismael Juan Vich, Alberto Daniel Capriolo, and Ruben Mario Caffera -- 24. Water governance / Colin Green and Saeid Eslamian -- 25. Water pollution control using low-cost natural wastes / Faezeh Eslamian and Saeid Eslamian -- 26. Water resources assessment in a river basin using AVSWAT model / Aavudai Anandhi, V.V. Srinivas, and D. Nagesh Kumar -- 27. Water scarcity / R.B. Singh and Dilip Kumar -- 28. Water security : concept, measurement, and operationalization / Chansheng He, Lanhui Zhang, Xifeng Zhang, and Saeid Eslamian -- 29. Water supply and public health and safety / Theodore C. Crusberg.
- "This comprehensive handbook covers multiple aspects of hydrology with a new approach. Other books on the subject deal mostly with classical aspects of hydrology--particularly surface and ground water, and physical and chemical pollution. This volume covers management topics including water scarcity, water security, water policy and governance, etc. It also highlights the environmental aspects of hydrology such as environmental river flow, environmental nanotechnology, phyto-remediation, and constructed wetlands and it is also authored by experts from over 30 different countries"--
"Preface: Hydrological and ecological connectivity is a matter of high concern. All terrestrial and coastal ecosystems are connected with water, which includes groundwater, and there is a growing understanding that 'single ecosystems' (mountain forest, hill forest, mangrove forest, freshwater swamp, peat swamp, tidal mudflat, and coral reef) that are actually the result of an artificial perception and classification can, in the long term, only be managed by a holistic vision at the watershed level. It is essential to investigate ecosystem management at the watershed level, particularly in a changing climate. In general, there are two important approaches: adaption to hydrological events such as climate change, drought, and flood; and - qualitative and quantitative conservation of water, thereby optimizing water consumption. The Handbook of Engineering Hydrology aims to fill the two-decade gap since the publication of David Maidment's Handbook of Hydrology in 1993 by including updated material on hydrology science and engineering. It provides an extensive coverage of hydrological engineering, science, and technology and includes novel topics that were developed in the last two decades. This handbook is not a replacement for Maidment's work, but as mentioned, it focuses on innovation and provides updated information in the field of hydrology. Therefore, it could be considered as a complementary text to Maidment's work, providing practical guidelines to the reader. Further, this book covers different aspects of hydrology using a new approach, whereas Maidment's work dealt principally with classical components of hydrologic cycle, particularly surface and groundwater and physical and chemical pollution"--
- Hydrology—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Hydraulic engineering—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Ecohydrology—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Water-supply—Management—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Water resources development—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- SCIENCE / Environmental Science
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Environmental / Water Supply
- Hydraulic engineering
- Water resources development
- 9781466552494 (hardcover : acid-free paper)
1466552492 (hardcover : acid-free paper)
- "A CRC title, part of the Taylor & Francis imprint, a member of the Taylor & Francis Group, the academic division of T&F Informa plc."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Hecht Family Dean's Discretionary Endowment; 2014.
View MARC record | catkey: 15186429