Journalism / Joe Sacco
- Sacco, Joe
- New York : Metropolitan Books / Henry Holt and Co., 2012.
- 1st U.S. ed.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 191 pages : chiefly illustrations (some color) ; 28 cm
- The Hague: The war crimes trials -- The Palestinian territories: Hebron: a look inside -- Gaza portfolio -- The underground war in Gaza -- The Caucasus: Chechen war, Chechen women -- What refugees? -- Iraq: Complacency kills -- Down! Up! -- Trauma on loan -- Migration: The unwanted -- India: Kushinagar.
- A journalistic collection in comic book format from the sidelines of wars around the world includes articles on the American military in Iraq, the Caucasus widow trials, the dilemmas of India's "untouchables," and the smuggling tunnels of Gaza.
- 9780805094862 (hardcover), 0805094865 (hardcover), 9780805097931 (pbk.), and 0805097937 (pbk.)
- "This volume collects most all the shorter reporting pieces I have done over the years for magazines, newspapers, and book anthologies. As such, it seems to call for some sort of introductory fusillade to rout all those who would naysay the legitimacy of comics as an effective means of journalism"--Page.
View MARC record | catkey: 15186563