Balanchine essays. Pirouettes and other turns [videorecording] / a production of the George Balanchine Foundation, Inc. in association with Tatge/Lasseur Productions, Inc. ; artistic directors, conceived and written by Merrill Ashley and Suki Schorer ; producer, Catherine Tatge ; director, Merrill Brockway
- Additional Titles:
- Pirouettes and other turns
- New York, N.Y. : George Balanchine Foundation, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (75 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Balanchine, George
George Balanchine Foundation
- Drawing upon their experience as principal dancers with George Balanchine's New York City Ballet, Suki Schorer and Merrill Ashley provide a detailed analysis and demonstration of ballet pirouettes and other turns, according to the principles of Balanchine technique. Schorer, a longtime teacher at the School of American Ballet, sets exercises intended to help the dancer learn and practice correct form, and both she and Ashley recall images Balanchine used in class to elicit desired movement qualities from the dancers.
- This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
Originally produced in 1998.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Music, Nancy McDill ; editor, Girish Bhargava.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Instructors: Suki Schorer, Merrill Ashley.
Dancers: Peter Boal, Michael Byars, Tom Gold, Elizabeth Walker, Miranda Weese.
- Technical Details:
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the John C. Farrell Libraries Endowment in Music; 2015
View MARC record | catkey: 15186743