Doing excellent small-scale research [electronic resource] / Derek Layder
- Layder, Derek
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. ; London : SAGE, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 197 p. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Overview of the Adaptive Approach -- Finding a Research Topic and a Research Problem -- Developing Questions from Research Problems -- Preparation and Project Design -- Qualitative Data and Mixed Strategies -- Quantitative Data and Mixed Strategies -- Imaginative Sampling -- Data Analysis: Concepts and Coding -- Writing the Research Report: Arguments and Explanations -- Guidelines and Checklist for Adaptive Research.
- "In this inspiring and engaging book, readers are presented with the key principles and practices of small-scale research. In addition, the book provides a peerless introduction to the key features involved in the process of research design and practice. Written in a clear, accessible way and drawing on exciting up-to-date examples, this book makes for a crucial companion on the way to research excellence. Based on Derek Layder's solid background as a researcher, supervisor and teacher, Doing Excellent Small-Scale Research: Leads the researcher through the actual process of doing a research project from start to finish ; Offers a comprehensive outline of general areas and issues such as preparation and planning, developing research questions, interviewing and sampling ; Reflects upon research as a social and human process ; Provides systematic guidelines and advice above and beyond technical essentials. This book is invaluable to both students and researchers interested in social interaction - informing, guiding and inspiring them towards excellent small-scale research."--Publisher's website.
- 9781849201827 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -187) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 15188143