Find the good : unexpected life lessons from a small-town obituary writer / Heather Lende
- Lende, Heather, 1959-
- Chapel Hill, North Carolina : Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill, 
- Physical Description:
- 162 pages ; 19 cm
- The good news -- Pretty good is better than perfect -- Stop and smell the fish -- Draw lines in the sand so you can move them -- Wear a personal flotation device -- Be sure your dog walks you -- Send a forwarding address -- Hop 'til you drop -- Hold on tight -- Put on a costume now and then -- Take the kind of happiness that comes your way -- Practice staggered breathing -- Make it shine -- Give yourself to love -- Don't judge a lady by her hat -- Listen to your mother -- Tell them you'll miss them when they're gone -- Make your own good weather.
- As the obituary writer in a spectacularly beautiful but often dangerous spit of land in Alaska, Lende knows something about last words and lives well lived. Now she's distilled what she's learned about how to live a more exhilarating and meaningful life into three words: find the good. It's that simple-- and that hard. Lende reminds us that we can choose to see any event as an opportunity to find the good.
- 9781616201678 and 1616201673
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Robert E. and Joyce L. Umbaugh Libraries Endowment for the Penn State DuBois Campus Library; 2017
View MARC record | catkey: 15193592