When teams collide [electronic resource] : managing the international team / Richard D. Lewis
- Lewis, Richard D.
- Additional Titles:
- When teams collide : managing the international team successfully
- Boston, MA : Nicholas Brealey Publishing, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 303 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Nicholas Brealey Publishing
- Language Note:
- In English.
- They are often agile and perceptive, know local markets better than HQ does, lead innovation and exploratory ventures, and are more culturally aware than their parent company. But how much autonomy should they be allowed? How can we get things done with colleagues who have different worldviews? When Teams Collide answers these questions and more. From figuring out how to work through cultural differences to deciding on a team leader, Richard Lewis uses his 30 years of experience in team mediation to provide suggestions for success. Generously illustrated with explanatory diagrams, When Teams Collide analyses profiles of 24 different nationalities and suggests how they should be led for best results. Commenting on vital considerations of leadership, team trust, ethics and humor, the author also evaluates the relationship between teams and HQ When Cultures Collide is a wide-ranging, compelling account of how to handle what is a difficult and sensitive task.
- Title from resource description page (viewed November 24, 2014).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 292) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 15197024