Residue Reviews / Rückstands-Berichte [electronic resource] : Residues of Pesticides and other Foreign Chemicals in Foods and Feeds / Rückstände von Pesticiden und anderen Fremdstoffen in Nahrungs- und Futtermitteln / edited by Francis A. Gunther
- Residue Reviews / Rückstands-Berichte, 0179-5953 ; 16
- Adsorbents and their application to column cleanup of pesticide residues -- Pesticides in the total diet -- Behavior of herbicides in soil -- Extraction of chlorinated hydrocarbon pesticides from plant materials -- Über den Diphenylgehalt und -geruch von Citrusfriichten und Citruserzeugnissen sowie den Übergang von Biphenyl auf unbehandelte Früchte bei der Lagerung -- Application of mass spectroscopy to pesticide residue analysis.
- That residues of pesticide and other "foreign" chemicals in foodstuffs are of concern to everyone everywhere is amply attested by the reception accorded previous volumes of "Residue Reviews" and by the gratifying en thusiasm, sincerity, and efforts shown by all the individuals from whom manuscripts have been solicited. Despite much propaganda to the contrary, there can never be any serious question that pest-control chemicals and food additive chemicals are essential to adequate food production, manufacture, marketing, and storage, yet without continuing surveillance and intelligent control some of those that persist in our foodstuffs could at times conceivably endanger the public health. Ensuring safety-in-use of these many chemicals is a dynamic challenge, for established ones are continually being displaced by newly developed ones more acceptable to food technologists, pharma cologists, toxicologists, and changing pest-control requirements in progressive food-producing economies. These matters are also of genuine concern to increasing numbers of governmental agencies and legislative bodies around the world, for some of these chemicals have resulted in a few mishaps from improper use. Adequate safety-in-use evaluations of any of these chemicals persisting into our food stuffs are not simple matters, and they incorporate the considered judgments of many individuals highly trained in a variety of complex biologica~ chemi cal, food technological, medical, pharmacological, and toxicological dis ciplines.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 15197665