Methods and Applications of Inversion [electronic resource] / edited by Per Christian Hansen, Bo Holm Jacobsen, Klaus Mosegaard
- Lecture Notes in Earth Sciences, 0930-0317 ; 92
- Static light scattering -- Thermodynamic geometry determines optimal temperature profile in distillation column -- Inversion of seismic AVO data -- Generalized fourier transforms and inverse scattering -- Multi-step samplers for improving efficiency in probabilistic geophysical inference -- Full waveform inversion of seismic data for a viscoelastic medium -- Integrating surface reflection data inversion and offset-VSP modeling for imaging of converted S-waves in gulf coast hydrocarbon reservoirs -- Inversion for the moment tensor and source location using Love- and Rayleigh-type waves -- Resolution of Cole-Cole parameters based on induced polarization data -- The resolution function in linearized born and Kirchhoff inversion -- SVD analysis of a 3D inverse thermal model -- Optimization tools for Tikhonov regularization of nonlinear equations using the L-curve and its dual -- The PP-TSVD algorithm for image restoration problems -- Smooth versus sharp Frechet kernels in time-distance helioseismology -- Covariance modelling for merging of multi-sensor ocean surface data -- Inversion of 2D geoelectrical data by iterated multichannel deconvolution -- Image reconstruction as an inverse problem -- Resolution studies of fluid flow models near the core-mantle boundary using Bayesian inversion -- Inversion of GPS occultation data for atmospheric profiling -- A limited memory BFGS method for an inverse problem in atmospheric imaging.
- This collection of conference papers describes state-of-the-art methodologies and algorithms used in the treatment of inverse problems, focusing on seismology and image processing. The papers also describe new general methodologies for analysis and solution of inverse problems by means of statistical and deterministic algorithms. The book gives a glimpse of recent techniques, many of which are still under development.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 15198063