Pharmaceuticals in the Environment [electronic resource] : Sources, Fate, Effects and Risks / edited by Klaus Kümmerer
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2001.
- Physical Description:
- XXI, 265 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Kümmerer, Klaus, 1959- and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1 Introduction: Pharmaceuticals in the Environment -- I Emission, Occurrence, Fate and Effects -- 2 Effects on Pharmaceuticals in the Environment — an Overview and Principle Considerations -- 3 Environmental Loads and Detection of Pharmaceuticals in Italy -- 4 Emission and Biodegradability of Pharmaceuticals, Contrast Media, Disinfectants and AOX from Hospitals -- 5 Emissions from Clinical-Chemical Laboratories -- 6 Pharmaceuticals in the Environment: Focus on 17?-ethinyloestradiol -- 7 What Do We Know about Antibiotics in the Environment? -- 8 Antibiotics in the Environment: Zinc Bacitracin — Environmental Toxicity and Breakdown -- 9 Pharmaceutical Residues in the Aquatic Environment and their Significance for Drinking Water Production -- 10 Pharmaceuticals as Environmental Contaminants: Modelling Distribution and Fate -- II Risk Assessment -- 11 Risk Assessment of Organic Xenobiotics in the Environment -- 12 Ecotoxicological Evaluation of Pharmaceuticals -- 13 Worst-Case Estimations of Predicted Environmental Soil Concentrations (PEC) of Selected Veterinary Antibiotics and Residues Used in Danish Agriculture -- 14 Regulatory and Methodological Aspects Concerning the Risk Assessment for Medicinal Products; Need for Research -- 15 A Data-based Perspective on the Environmental Risk Assessment of Human Pharmaceuticals I — Collation of Available Ecotoxicity Data -- 16 A Data Based Perspective on the Environmental Risk Assessment of Human Pharmaceuticals II — Aquatic Risk Characterisation -- 17 A Data Based Perspective on the Environmental Risk Assessment of Human Pharmaceuticals III — Indirect Human Exposure -- 18 The ECO-SHADOW Concept — A New Way of Following Environmental Impacts of Antimicrobials -- III Perspectives -- 19 Present Knowledge and Need for Further Research.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 15198658