Advances in the Use of NOAA AVHRR Data for Land Applications [electronic resource] / edited by Giles D’Souza, Alan S. Belward, Jean-Paul Malingreau
- Additional Titles:
- Based on the lectures given during the Eurocourse on `Advances in the Use of AVHRR Data for Land Applications' held at the Joint Research Centre, Ispra, Italy, December 6-12, 1993
- Dordrecht : Springer Netherlands, 1996.
- Physical Description:
- 492 pages 36 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- D’Souza, Giles, Belward, Alan S. (Alan Steven), 1960-, Malingreau, Jean-Paul, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Euro Courses, Remote Sensing, 0926-9797 ; 5
- 1. Histoy of the use of AVHRR data for land applications. -- 2. Basic Radiometric calibration of NOAA-AVHRR data. -- 3. Radiative transfer modelling for calibration and atmospheric correction. -- 4. Absolute calibration of AVHRR channels 1 and 2. -- 5. Aerosol retrieval and atmospheric correction. -- 6. Land surface temperature retrieval from NOAA AVHRR data. -- 7. Techniques for geometric correction of NOAA AVHR imagery. -- 8. Cloud detection using AVHRR data. -- 9. Recent advances in algorithm development to extract information from AVHRR data. -- 10. Derivation of geophysical parameters from AVHRR data. -- 11. Land cover mapping for global change research. -- 12. NOAA AVHRR based tropical forest mapping for south-east ASia, validated and calibrated with higher spatial resolution imagery. -- 13. Use of AVHRR data for the study of vegetation fires in Africa: Fire management perspectives. -- 14. Crop production assessment for the European Union: The MARS-STAT Project including the use of NOAA-AVHRR data. -- 15. The use of AVHRR-derived land surface temperature estimates for agricultural monitoring. -- 16. Integration of AVHRR and fine spatial resolution imagery for tropical forest monitoring. -- 17. AVHRR data acquisition, processing and distribution at the European Space Agency (ESA). -- 18. AVHRR data acquisition, processing and distribution at NOAA. -- 19. AVHRR data sets for global terrestrial ecosystem monitoring.
- An up-to-date, detailed set of notes covering all aspects of NOAA AVHRR data collection, pre-processing, analysis and application. Includes many FTP sites, e-mail addresses and URL locations. Some chapters address particular aspects of the NOAA AVHRR system, such as radiometric calibration and geometric correction, while others provide general information of interest to any remote sensing study, such as radiative transfer modelling and atmospheric correction. The publication of a book that covers all important aspects of the treatment and understanding of the data in one volume makes the work a convenient, informative `recipe book' that is sure to become a favourite for all users of NOAA AVHRR data.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 15198825