Hydroinformatics Tools for Planning, Design, Operation and Rehabilitation of Sewer Systems [electronic resource] / edited by Jiri Marsalek, Cedo Maksimovic, Evzen Zeman, Roland Price
- Additional Titles:
- Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Study Institute on Hydroinformatics Tools for Planning, Design, Operation and Rehabilitation of Sewer Systems, Harrachov, Czech Republic, June 16-19, 1996
- Dordrecht : Springer Netherlands : Imprint: Springer, 1998.
- Physical Description:
- XXII, 530 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Maršálek, Jiři
SpringerLink (Online service)
North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Scientific Affairs Division
- NATO ASI Series, Series 2. Environment, 1389-1839 ; 44
- Challenges in Urban Drainage -- Business Needs of Urban Drainage, in the Context of Information Management -- Hydroinformatics Concepts -- Hydroinformatics Concepts -- Urban Environmental Models -- Model Development and Application -- Fundamentals of Physically-Based Rainfall / Runoff Models -- Sensitivity Analysis of Physically-Based Rainfall / Runoff Models -- Model Input Data Needs and Management -- Rainfall Data in Urban Hydrology -- Tools for Data Archiving, Visualisation and Analysis, Applied in Master Planning -- Application of GIS in Urban Drainage -- Modelling Urban Drainage System Components -- Hydrologic Modelling of Urban Catchments -- Modelling Sewer Hydraulics -- Modelling Quality of Urban Runoff -- Water Quality Modelling in Sewer Networks -- Optimisation Models for Urban Runoff Control Planning -- Modelling Wastewater Treatment Plants -- Modelling Receiving Waters -- Operation and Rehabilitation of Sewer Systems -- Operation of Sewer Systems -- Sewerage Rehabilitation -- Safe Hydroinformatics -- Safe Hydroinformatics -- Integrated Urban Water Management -- Integrated Urban Drainage Management -- Urban Drainage as a Part of River Basin Management.
- Hydroinformatics systems are systems that combine computational hydraulic modelling with information systems (including knowledge-based systems). They are gaining rapid acceptance in the areas of environmental planning, design and management. The present book focuses exclusively on sewage systems, starting with their planning and then going on to discuss their design, operation and rehabilitation. The very experienced authors discuss business and information needs in the management of urban drainage, tools for collecting and archiving such data, and their use in modelling catchment hydrology, sewer systems hydraulics, wastewater quality, wastewater treatment plant operation, and receiving waters. The control and operation of sewer systems in real time is described, followed by a discussion of their maintenance and rehabilitation. Intelligent decision support systems for managing the urban drainage business process are presented. Audience: Researchers into sewer design, municipal engineers, planners and managers interested in an innovative approach to all aspects of the planning, design and operation of sewer systems.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 15199567