Occupational safety and hygiene II : selected extended and revised contributions from the International Symposium Occupational Safety and Hygiene, Guimarães, Portugal, 13-14 February 2014 / editors, Pedro M. Arezes, University of Minho, Guimarães, Portugal, João Santos Baptista, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal, Mónica P. Barroso, Paula Carneiro, Patrício Cordeiro & Nélson Costa, University of Minho, Guimarães, Portugal, Rui B. Melo, University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal, A. Sérgio Miguel, University of Minho, Guimarães, Portugal, Gonçalo Perestrelo, SPOSHO, Porto, Portugal
- Conference Author:
- International Symposium Occupational Safety and Hygiene (2014 : Portugal), sponsor
- Leiden, The Netherlands : CRC Press/Balkema, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : text file, PDF
- Additional Creators:
- Arezes, Pedro M., Baptista, João Santos, Barroso, Mónica P., Carneiro, Paula, Cordeiro, Patrício, Costa, Nelson, Melo, Rui B., Miguel, A. Sérgio, and Perestrelo, Gonçalo
- Safety of peak less tower cranes, an accident analysis conducted by the Dutch Safety Board / P. Swuste -- A methodology to identify negative occupational well-being hazards / J.M. Cabeças -- Causes of musculoskeletal accidents identified in official investigations / J.A. Carrillo-Castrillo, L. Onieva, J.C. Rubio-Romero & A. López-Arquillos -- Assessing the inter-analyst reliability of the RIAAT process / P.F. Cordeiro, C. Jacinto & F.P. Santos -- Polymeric nanocomposites production risk assessment using different qualitative analyses / S.P.B. Sousa, M.C.S. Ribeiro & J. Santos Baptista -- Comparative study between productivity predictive models for work in hot environments / A. Sousa & J. Santos Baptista -- Determinants of psychosocial risks / L. Duarte & L. Freitas -- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) at construction projects. A perspective from formworks & falseworks companies / J.C. Rubio-Romero, A. López-Arquillos & J.A. Carrillo-Castrillo -- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) courses at engineering under/degree studies / J.C. Rubio-Romero, A. López-Arquillos, M. Suárez-Cebador & J.A. Carrillo-Castrillo -- Prevention through Design (PtD) concept at university. Engineering & Architecture students' perspective / J.C. Rubio-Romero, A. López-Arquillos, M.D. Martínez-Aires & J.A. Carrillo-Castrillo -- Prevalence of Work-related Musculoskeletal Disorders (WMSD) symptoms among milkers in the State of Paraná, Brazil / L. Ulbricht, E.F.R. Romaneli, A.M.W. Stadnik, M. Maldaner & E.B. Neves -- Real determination of metabolic rate to improve the PMV model / E.E. Broday, A.A.P. Xavier & R. de Oliveira -- Analysis of the role of worker characteristics in three of the most frequent manufacturing accidents / J.A. Carrillo-Castrillo, L. Onieva, J.C. Rubio-Romero & A. López-Arquillos -- A holistic framework for safety performance evaluation / E. Sgourou, P. Katsakiori, I. Papaioannou, S. Goutsos & Em. Adamides -- Association of job-related psychosocial factors with environmental conditions in a mixed plan office : The basis for a screening proxy? / D.A. Coelho, C.S.D. Tavares & M.L. Lourenço -- Incidence of musculoskeletal symptoms in industry workers / J. Trotta, L. Ulbricht & J.L.H. Silva --, Influence of hot thermal environment in practice of Aerostep / J. Nogueira & M. Talaia -- The thermal feeling of a human being can contribute to the definition of a comfortable thermal environment to the animals / S. Gonçalves & M. Talaia -- Methodology of chemical hazard management : a tool for occupational health promotion / M.B.F.V. Melo, M.S.M.L. Souto & D.S.C. Vasconcelos -- The attitude of washing hands among the health staff / H. Boudrifa & A. Amiar -- Scenarios and implications of ambivalence experienced by hotel managers / C.M.G. Leite & R.J.M. Carvalho -- Bioaerosols in hospital environment : a short review / C. Vieira & J. Santos Baptista -- Analysis of the hearing risk and implantation of environmental improvements in workers of the industry of paper and cellulose and introduction of acoustic improvements / D.L. Mattos, E.A.D. Merino, A.C.C.S. Pinto, K.C.G. Orzatto, V.M. Camargo, C.A. Maciel, V. Federle & A.R.P. Moro -- Ergonomic evaluation of the cluster during teat cup attachment / C.C. Oliveira, A.A. Bazán, L.A. Gontijo, A.R.P. Moro & L. Ulbricht -- Risk factors of the most frequent accident types in manufacturing / J.A. Carrillo-Castrillo, L. Onieva, J.C. Rubio-Romero & M. Suárez-Cebador -- Determination of characteristics predicting the ignition of organic dusts / Z. Szabová, M. Pastier, J. Harangozó & T. Chrebet -- Bibliometric mapping to analyze the evolution of research on ergonomics using the SciMAT tool / M.D. Martínez-Aires, M. Martínez-Rojas, M. López-Alonso & E.J. Gago -- Psychosocial risks factors at work : a study of health professionals / C. Gonçalves, L. Simões Costa & A. Ferreira -- Safety at construction site : case study at the university hospital of the Federal University of Juiz de Fora / W.C. Silva & M.A.S. Hippert -- Integrated management system in civil construction based on PMBOK guide extension / B.F. Rocha & M.A.S. Hippert -- Application of the HSC_PEI2012 model in construction work / M. López-Alonso, P. Ibarrondo-Dávila & M. Rubio-Gámez -- Scholar ergonomics : primary schools in Tartu (Estonia) study case / F. Lima, J. Almeida, J.P. Figueiredo & A. Ferreira -- Damages derived from mobbing and professional contingencies : state of the art on the Portuguese legal framework and case law / A.C. Ribeiro Costa -- Evolution of skin temperature at different temperature and humidity conditions / E. Quelhas Costa, J. Santos Baptista & J. Carvalho -- Ergonomic assessment of a workstation in a paints production line / J.M. Monteiro, J.C.A. Calvão, J.M. Monteiro, M.E. Pinho & M.A.P. Vaz -- Formworks : maximizing the prefabrication of each set on the ground / A. Reis & J. Santos Baptista -- Formworks : provisionally stability of the sets / A. Reis & J. Santos Baptista --, Exposure assessment of health ionizing radiation in nuclear medicine at Coimbra / C. Sousa, J.P. Figueiredo, N.L. Sá, A. Ferreira, S. Paixão & F. Alves -- Risk assessment : information for qualitative estimation of probability and severity in high risk work context / A.A. Ribeiro, J.P.C. Fernandes Thomaz & R.A.C. Veiga -- Occupational risks behind teaching activity / C. Barros-Duarte, T. Lajinha, M. Reina, F. Rocha, T. Santos & I. Soares da Costa -- Noise exposure and military police : a review / K.C.S. de Lima & L.B. da Silva -- Occupational exposure to particulate matter and fungi in a composting plant : case study in Portugal / S. Viegas, M. Almeida-Silva, R. Sabino & C. Viegas -- Safety culture and labor accidents in the town councils in the District of Leiria / D. Chagas & M. Dias-Teixeira -- A study regarding the ergonomic conditions in an area of winding transformers / G.N. Bolzan, G.S. Freitas & L.A.S. Franz -- Respiratory function study in a group of car repair workers / S. Correia, A. Ferreira, J.P. Figueiredo & J. Conde -- Simultaneity of risk in the civil site construction : an analysis of accumulated risk / N. Ferreira & G. Santos -- High-density surface electromyography applications & reliability vs. muscle fatigue : a short review / T. Sa-Ngiamsak, J. Castela Torres Costa & J. Santos Baptista -- Dispersion of quarry's dust : pilot study / A. Campos, M.L. Matos, J. Góis, M.C. Vila, M.L. Dinis & J. Santos Baptista -- Study of radon in dwellings : case study in Moimenta da Beira / C. Carvalho, A. Ferreira & J.P. Figueiredo -- Occupational exposure to car workshops air pollutants / É. Oliveira, A. Ferreira & J.P. Figueiredo -- Food safety of transported meals in primary schools and kindergartens / B. Alves, A. Carvalho, L. Tavares, A. Ferreira, N.L. Sá, S. Paixão, H. Simões & J. Almeida -- Eco-construction : contribution to occupational risk occurrence / F. Rodrigues & A. Ribeiro -- Risk exposure prevention tool to health care workers / J. Sá, M. Tato Diogo & R. Cruz -- The construction of the Brazil colony : the role played by the carpenters / J.A.B. Castañon, M.T.G. Barbosa & C.M. Ferreira -- Safety analysis in the building construction carpentry work / C.M. Ferreira, M.A.S. Hippert & M.M. Borges -- Elementals ergonomic constituents for administratives environments / D.A. Cassano, M.C. Vidal & M.V.C. Aguilera -- Research on occupational exposure to radon in Portuguese thermal spas / A.S. Silva, M.L. Dinis & A. Fiúza -- Vibration and tipping of agricultural machinery : a reality to be adjusted / G.A. Gomes de Moraes, J.E.G. Santos, A.L. Andreoli, J.A. Cagnon & V.G. Meneghetti -- Noise emission levels during spinning classes and the effects on workers' health / P.H. Bahniuk, L. Ulbricht, W.L. Ripka & A.M.W. Stadnik --, A model for assessing maturity of integrated management systems / J.P.T. Domingues, P. Sampaio & P.M. Arezes -- Effects of indoor air quality on respiratory function of children in the 1st cycle of basic education of Coimbra, Portugal / A. Ferreira & S.M. Cardoso -- Risk analysis and reliability assessment of energy facilities / J. Sinay, A. Tompoš & S. Vargová -- Microbiological parameters of surfaces in school canteens / C. Laranjeiro, C. Santos, B. Alves, A. Ferreira & J.P. Figueiredo -- Good practices of hygienic processes on NEMI's professionals / C. Rodrigues, C. Santos, H. Simões, A. Ferreira & J.P. Figueiredo -- Conceptual model of competency profile for work equipment inspections / J. Branco & M. Tato Diogo -- Assessment levels of dustiness : case study applied to technicians of gel nails / T. Margalho, A. Ferreira, J.P. Figueiredo & F. Silva -- Assessment of electromagnetic fields in arc and resistance welding / A.C.M. Garrido & M.L. Dinis -- Influence of pedal use in developing of chronic low back pain and work disability / S. Barata, S. Gagulic & P.M. Arezes -- 3D anthropometric data collection for occupational ergonomics purposes : a review / S. Bragança, P.M. Arezes, M.A. Carvalho & S. Ashdown -- Occupational hygiene and work safety in a shoe company in Campina Grande / L.O. Rocha, M.B.G. Santos, I.F. Araújo & E.S.P. Sales -- Safety management at small establishments with major hazards : the case of galvanic industry / P. Agnello, S. Ansaldi, P. Bragatto & A. Pirone -- Qualitative evaluation of occupational exposure to chemical agents in a workplace of a research laboratory / C.S. Castillo, S. Bragança, A. Fernandes, I.F. Loureiro & N. Costa -- Some constraints in the evacuation : a short review / A.L. Lourenço, J. Santos Baptista & P. Oliveira -- Can the external environment affect the occupational safety conditions and unsafety behaviours? / I.F. Loureiro, M. Rodrigues, C. Vale & R. Azevedo -- Screening for psychoactive substances at the workplace : a review / P.H. Marques & C. Jacinto -- Ergonomic and anthropometric evaluation of a footwear modification : a case study / R. Lima, P.M. Arezes & M.A. Carvalho -- Cultural and linguistic adaptation and validation of the long version of Copenhagen Psychosocial Questionnaire II (COPSOQ II) in Portuguese / S. Rosário, J. Fonseca & J. Torres da Costa -- Anthropometric study of the student population of a Portuguese faculty / L.S. Sousa, M.E. Pinho & P.M. Arezes -- Variability management : a still to be noticed role of workers / A.S.P. Moraes, P.M. Arezes & R. Vasconcelos -- Whole body vibration in open pit mining : a short review / C. Bernardo, M.L. Matos & J. Santos Baptista -- Factors affecting the safety in Portuguese architectural heritage works / J.P. Couto & M.L. Tender --, Patterns of whole-body vibrations in open pit mining / C. Bernardo, M.L. Matos & J. Santos Baptista -- Tracking surgical instruments : from a management perspective to safety issues / A.M. Sampaio, R. Simoes & A.J. Pontes -- Occupational noise and hearing loss in a metalworking company / A. Beça, A.S. Miguel & J. Góis -- Analysis of FEUP school furniture's suitability / L.S. Sousa, M.E. Pinho & P.M. Arezes -- Modern machines : how to set up the health of the pilot? / E.T. Martins, L.B. Martins & I.T. Martins -- Chemical agents exposure prevention : a training effectiveness approach / A.P. Soares, A. Pinheiro, A. Parente & M. Tato Diogo -- Safety management on a refinery maintenance turnaround / A.G. Cardoso, M. do Sameiro Queirós, J.M. Meireles & M. Tato Diogo -- Safety footwear and its protective components, a way to promote health and safety at work / C.S. Ferreira, M.J. Abreu, J.V. da Silva & J.P. Mendonça -- Crawler excavator track repair : track fastening : noise characterization and personal protection / N.F. Couto, J. Castelo Branco & J. Santos Baptista -- Assessment of the performance of globe thermometers under different environmental conditions / D.A. Quintela, A.R. Gaspar, A.R. Raimundo, A.V.M. Oliveira & D. Cardoso -- Different transposed legislation analysis in safety matter for construction sites : three study cases / C. Reis, C. Oliveira, M.A.A. Mieiro & C. Santos -- Preventive measures in the execution of metallic structures in Portugal / C. Reis, C. Oliveira, M.A.A. Mieiro & T.M.M. Felgueiras -- Preventive measures in rehabilitation of buildings : facades shoring / C. Reis, C. Oliveira, M.A.A. Mieiro & V. Pereira -- Assessment of the health and safety plan on Vila Nova de Gaia county / C. Reis, C. Oliveira, M.A.A. Mieiro & P. Freitas -- Stakeholder's perspectives on accident causes in rehabilitation and maintenance work in Portugal and Brazil / J.P. Couto, E.R.K. Rabbani, J. Duarte & F.J.B. Santos -- Evaluation of indoor thermal environment of a manufacturing industry / L. Teixeira, M. Talaia & M. Morgado -- Analysis of correlation between unsafe actions and unsafe conditions in the constitution of occupational accidents : case study / F.F. Sousa, L.B. Silva & E.L. Souza -- Proposal for evaluation of heat stress on the activity of vehicular patrolling by military police in Paraíba, Brazil / E.G.S. de Medeiros, F. de A. Gomes Filho & L.B. da Silva -- Take the risk by others : working conditions and health of workers of private security / P. Costa & L. Cunha -- Occupational noise exposure in gyms of county of Coimbra / S. Seco, J. Almeida, J. Figueiredo & A. Ferreira -- Ergonomic service quality of the elderly on the example of the financial market / M. Butlewski, A. Misztal, E. Tytyk & D. Walkowiak --, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) in the living rooms in homes for the elderly : case study in the county of Pombal / C. Carvalho, A. Ferreira & J.P. Figueiredo -- Occupational exposure noise : case study of a quarter of firefighters in center region / I. Gaminha, J. Almeida, H. Simões, J. Figueiredo & A. Ferreira -- Risk factors associated with musculoskeletal symptoms in footwear sewing workers / L. Afonso, M.E. Pinho & P.M. Arezes -- Environmental risks : a systematic review / B. Barkokébas Jr., E.M.G. Lago, F.M. Cruz & H.C. Albuquerque Neto -- Prevalence of WMSD in the sewing sector of two companies of the footwear industry / L. Afonso, M.E. Pinho & P.M. Arezes -- Industrial hygiene and safety of work in a manufacturing industry profiles aluminum / D.F. Santos, T.S. Januario, M.B.G. Santos, S.S. Justino & A.S.R. Mayer -- Ergonomic method for the implementation of occupational safety systems / M. Butlewski & M. Sławińska -- A review of effects from exposure to static magnetic fields in magnetic resonance imaging / V.M. Silva & I.M. Ramos -- Ergonomic model of hotel service quality for the elderly and people with disabilities / M. Butlewski & J. Jabłońska -- Safety in the work environment of a company in the textile in Campina Grande-PB, Brazil / K.R. Araujo, V.K.O. Almeida, M.B.G. Santos & R.I. Gomes -- Exposure assessment to ionizing radiation in the manufacture of phosphate fertilizer / J.G. Estevez & F.O. Nunes -- Shiftwork experience : worker's vision of its impacts / I.S. Silva, J. Prata, A.I. Ferreira & A. Veloso -- Ergonomic conditions of work bus urban driver and bus collector / B. Barkokébas Jr., A.B.B.H. Pinto, L.B. Martins, E.M.G. Lago, F.M. da Cruz & B.M. Guimarães -- A study of associations of occupational accidents to number of employees, and to hours worked / P.H. Marques, J. Atouguia, F.H. Marques, C. Palhais, A.R. Pinto, L.A. Silva, M.M. Silva, M.G. Andrade, P. Torres & V. Jesus -- 3D human thermoregulation model : bioheat transfer in tissues and small vessels / J.C. Guedes, J. Santos Baptista & J.M. Soeiro de Carvalho -- Work organization and the interfaces with occupational stress / J.C.S. Pessoa, L.S. Nascimento Júnior & M.L.C. Santos -- Key elements to effective emergency management in a school complex / F.H. Marques, M.C. Neves & P.H. Marques -- A study on the reality of Portuguese companies about work health and safety / A. Bastos, J. Sá, O. Silva & M.C. Fernandes -- Influence of rotating shiftwork in health and performance of air traffic controller : a review / J.C.F. Siqueira, L.B. da Silva, M.S. Negreiros, E.L. de Souza & M.G. Andrade Filho -- Perception of risk inherent in the working conditions of women agricultural workers in northeastern Brazil / F.D. Sá, A.G. Magalhães, L.S. Nascimento Júnior & D.S. Dantas -- Self-rated health, social factors and life style among farmers in Brazil / A.G. Magalhães, L.S. Nascimento Júnior, F.D. Sá, D.E. Souza, E.S.R. Viana & D.S. Dantas --, and Prevalence of chronic pain and associated factors in administrative assistants of a Brazilian university / D.S. Dantas, A.G. Magalhães, L.S. Nascimento Júnior, F.D. Sá, G.B. Nascimento & C.H. Moreira -- Occupational risks in a workplace of a metallurgical in Paraíba, Brazil / J.G. Silva, R.M.A. Lima, M.B.G. Santos, I.F. Araújo & E.S.P. Sales -- One-way coupling between a CFD model and a transient thermal model of the human body / S. Teixeira, R.F. Oliveira, N. Rodrigues, A.S. Miguel, J.C. Teixeira & J. Santos Baptista -- The importance of ergonomics analysis in prevention of MSDs : exploratory study in Swedwood-Portugal / C. Coelho, P. Oliveira, E. Maia, R. Rangel & M. Dias-Teixeira -- Environmental risks in a company in the food sector in Campina Grande, PB / L.M.S. Pereira, P.F. Veríssimo, M.B.G. Santos & R.J. Silva -- Recent application of infrared thermography in work-related musculoskeletal disorders / A. Seixas, R. Vardasca, J. Gabriel & J.P. Vilas-Boas -- Ergonomic work analysis of swing arm cutting machine by RULA method / A.C. Mendes, J. Moreira, R. Maia & M.A. Gonçalves -- Evaluation of sidewalks on a busy avenue in a Brazilian metropolis / A.N.J. Mandel Lins, A. Mandel Lins & E.R. Kohlman Rabbani -- Occurrence of pain in metals industry workers and its relation to work / F. Torres, F.S. Menezes & A.A.P. Xavier -- A proposal for the use of serious games in occupational safety / J.R. Jordan, G. Letti & T.L. Pinto -- Summer parties in Algarve : DJs and audience noise exposure / V. Rosão & R. Constantino -- Occupational risks of accident at a work : a case study in footwear industry in Paraíba, Brazil / M.É. Laurindo Sousa, M. Lira, B.J. Farias, S. Brito Lira & M.B. Gama Santos -- Identification and proposition of preventive measures for environmental risks on a t-shirts factory in Campina Grande, Brazil / T.F. Chaves, M.B.G. Santos & L.F. Monteiro -- Noise pollution in a shopping center of Konya (Turkey) / A. Alaş, Ç. Çiftçi Ulusoy, M. Shahriari & Ş.N. Alaş -- Contributions to the design of emergency management intelligent systems / M.J. Simões-Marques & I.L. Nunes -- User-centered design of the interface prototype of a BI intelligence mobile application / G. Ferreira, B. Mourão & I.L. Nunes -- Occupational noise exposure during pregnancy : a systematic review / M.A. Bastos, S.C.A. Duarte, R.M.S. Araújo, C. Ramalho & J. Torres da Costa.
- 9781315773520 (ebook : PDF)
- "A Balkema book."
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print format.
View MARC record | catkey: 15199851