Management of Post-Stroke Complications [electronic resource] / edited by Ajay Bhalla, Jonathan Birns
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- X, 390 pages 30 illustrations, 18 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Bhalla, Ajay, Birns, Jonathan, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Introduction -- Early Neurological Deterioration -- Post-Stroke Cardiac Complications -- Post-Stroke Seizures -- Infections After Stroke -- Venous Thromboembolism -- Swallowing and Nutritional Complications -- Urinary and Bowel Complications -- Positioning and Pressure Care -- Management of Spasticity -- Falls and Osteoporosis Post-Stroke -- Post-Stroke Cognitive Impairment -- Post-Stroke Pain -- Post-Stroke Fatigue: Common But Poorly Understood -- Mental Consequences Of Stroke -- Future Developments.
- This book highlights the underlying importance of post-stroke complications during recovery, allowing healthcare professionals managing stroke patients to understand their frequency and identify which patients are at risk of developing such complications. Complications are categorised into neurological and non-neurological, and the time-frame for these complications both in the short-term and long-term are discussed. The common practices in managing post-stroke complications and the skills required in their prevention are described, as is the evidence base from clinical trials around their management. The book concludes with a discussion of new developments and research priorities for the future. Management of Post-Stroke Complications is aimed at members of the multidisciplinary stroke team, stroke physicians, neurologists, general practitioners, stroke specialists in training, and medical students.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 15200304